The Southeast Asian Freedom Network (SEAFN) is a newly formed collective of grassroots Southeast Asian organizing groups from around the US that are aligned in radical transformation of our communities and intersectional analysis that calls us to true solidarity with communities of color around us. Through deep sharing of experience and strategy, SEAFN has identified 7 rising themes in Southeast Asian movement building work that will guide us towards liberation, transformation, and solidarity.
MIAT Members work collectively to achieve the following goals:
- Advance and support the voices of SEA (Southeast Asian) women in leadership positions in the Network
- Discuss and Plan for the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) to take place in early 2015
- Build a Human Rights Framework for engaging in the UPR and other work
- Build an understanding on US imperialism in the community
- Build resistance towards mass incarceration, mass deportation and the prison-industrial complex
MIAT Members include:
Chanravy Proeung, Co-director, Providence Youth Student Movement (PrYSM)
Kabzuag Vaj, Co-Executive Director & Zon Moua, Youth Coordinator of Freedom, Inc in Madison, WI
Mia-Lia Kiernan, Executive Director & Nancy Nguyen, Advisory Board Member of 1Love Movement in Philadelphia, PA
Chhaya Chhum, Executive Director & Lena Ben Administrator/Special Events Coordinator of Mekong-NYC in the Bronx, NY
Planned activities: Engagement with UPR
For more information about, or to join, the MIAT contact Chanravy Proeung, Providence Youth Student Movement (PrYSM) at email@example.com.